Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring in my Step!

Although Friday was the "official" first day of spring, yesterday actually felt like it. Crisp air, blue skies, and sun - that's how I define spring. Being in the south, we don't really have an intense winter season, but Raleigh does tend to get very gray and rainy, which I can definitely tell a change in my mood/energy levels. Raleigh is a very outdoorsy city when it comes to restaurants and shops, so I'm looking forward to more sunny days to explore.

I've put together a list of some of the things I am excited to do this spring.

1. Farmer's Markets

Tis the season for farmer's markets! Nothing gets me in a better mood than walking around exploring all the vendors and bringing home a bag filled with fresh produce. Raleigh has the large state farmer's market that is open daily, but also a ton of little markets on the weekends. Yesterday I went to the Saturday Market at Rebus Works. They had about ten vendors indoors as well as LoMo Market from Durham which sources foods from farms all over the Triangle. Definitely found my new favorite spot for Saturday mornings!

Inside LoMo Market at The Saturday Market.

2. Outdoor Concerts 

Raleigh has a few outdoor music venues that are kind of in hiding during the winter months. Before the season ended last year, Zach and I went to Farm Aid at the Walnut Creek Amphitheater (fun, minus the $15 beers...) and saw Wilco at the North Carolina Museum of Art outdoor amphitheater. There's nothing better than listening to music outside in the spring and summer months.

Zach and I at Farm Aid in October. 

3.  Picnics

Being surrounded by green areas in Raleigh, there so many places to have a nice picnic on a Sunday afternoon. The next sunny day will be spent at Shelly Lake enjoying fresh veggie sandwiches and rosé.

Image via hellosociety.com.

----

What are some of the things you all are looking forward to now that spring is here? I would love to hear your favorite springtime activities!




No comments:

Post a Comment