Wednesday, January 14, 2015

First Juicing Experience

Before moving to Raleigh, my dad gave me a juicer that my parents weren't really using at home. Sidenote: my dad loves buying new appliances for the kitchen, so I probably have any and all kitchen gadgets one would need. Honestly, I was a little intimidated by "juicing" because of all the negative things I've heard (cost, mess, etc.) so I hadn't actually used it until recently.

Over the weekend, Zach and I broke out the juicer for the first time and I absolutely loved it. Our first juice we made was a green juice, so this time we tried an orange juice that I thought would be good to bring to work in the mornings. It was much easier than I expected and such a quick and easy clean up!


Carrot Pineapple Ginger Orange Juice - Makes enough for 2 people

What you'll need:

  • Juicer
  • 4 navel oranges
  • 3/4 pineapple
  • 4 large carrots
  • 1-1.5 large pieces of ginger (depending on how much you like ginger)
  • Lots of luvvv 

Step 1: Collect all ingredients for juice. Peel orange, chop pineapple in small pieces and cut off the skin of the pineapple. 


Step 2: Put ginger into the juicer first so that the rest of the ingredients will help juice the remainder of the ginger pieces stuck in the juicer. *TIP: If you have this same juicer, make sure you hold the top down...otherwise you'll have a ginger-filled kitchen in about 4 seconds...we learned this the hard way.



Step 3: Put the rest of the ingredients in the juicer (pineapple, orange, and carrots).


Step 4: Store in an air tight container (I used a medium sized mason jar) and enjoy!


Has anyone else tried juicing? What are some of your favorite types of juices?

1 comment: