Saturday, January 17, 2015

Travel Tips for a Nervous Traveler 1.0 - Perfect Packing List




* This will be my first installment of the "Travel Tips for a Nervous Traveler" series - stay tuned for more!

If you know me, you know how much I hate packing. I love traveling, but dread whenever I have to pack for a trip. There have definitely been times where I've been tempted to hire a professional packer (does that even exist?). In the end, I usually end up overpacking, throwing things in last minute that I might need, and I always end up forgetting something important. 

I know there are a lot of people that stress about packing for trips because they don't know what to pack, how the weather will be (I don't always trust the weather apps), will you need something formal, or will you exercise? Anyway, there's a million factors to play in to packing for a trip. So I've put together a simple list of my staples for any trip.



Clothes
  • Your favorite pair of jeans/pants
  • Plain comfy tee
  • 1-2 dressier shirts (I usually go for a button down and blouse)
  • One pair of boots (that go with everything)
  • Flats or oxfords
  • Running shoes (when I bring them, I'm more inclined to actually run)
  • Nike running shorts - I usually sleep in them, but useful to have if I decide to run
Toiletries
  • Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste (Currently using Tom's toothpaste)
  • Face wash - Received this in my recent Ipsy bag and love it
  • Contacts/Glasses
  • Makeup - I'm not a huge makeup person, but I don't go anywhere without mascara or chapstick (right now I am loving Benefit's mascara "They're Real")
Miscellaneous
  • Phone and charger - this is a given, but you don't know how many times I forget my charger!
  • A good book - I just finished Amy Poehler's "Yes Please"
  • Headphones 
  • Paper and pen for doodling - I think on the airplane is the best time to jot down things, I'm always so productive!
  • Snack - I always bring trail mix or something to hold me over and the airport is so expensive!
  • Purse and wallet (don't forget your ID!)
  • Plane ticket!
----

I'm sorry this post is coming out kind of late, I had a crisis yesterday with my laptop charger. But I'm currently in Phoenix, Arizona at my grandma's house for the weekend. I can say, this list definitely helped me (also, maybe because I wrote a blog about it too). Does anyone have any packing essentials for traveling? 

P.S. I would also love some fun places to see while I'm in Phoenix! Leave a comment if you have recommendations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment