Friday, February 13, 2015

Three Easy (Veggie) Recipes

As you have all probably noticed, I love super simple, but also delicious and fresh recipes. It's even better when it's a larger batch so will have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. Although sometimes I do experiment with my recipes, usually I stick to the top three go-to's during the week. Being a vegetarian, I have to be pretty good at thinking out of the box with my ingredients because I can easily get stuck in the grilled cheese and tomato soup cycle every night. So here are my top three recipes that have been on my menu over the past few weeks.

1. Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Stew - Recipe from Epicurious


I discovered this recipe about a year ago when I was at a potluck dinner and another girl brought it as her dish. I was obsessed. It has so much flavor and not any complicated ingredients. It automatically became one of my go-to dishes. It's also easy to freeze and still tastes great as leftovers! 

2. Tempeh Protein Bowl - recipe by me


This is actually a recipe I recently created at home trying to mimic a "protein bowl". I had a bunch of different ingredients in my fridge. Tempeh, kale, garbanzos, and rice. So, I basically stir fried everything with a soy sauce alternative (Bragg Liquid Aminos). Perfect for a weekend lunch at home.

3. Baked Spaghetti - Recipe from Martha Stewart


Last week I was really craving something Italian. I researched some recipes online and found this one. Since I had never made baked spaghetti before, I thought this would be fun to try! The recipe didn't have any complicated ingredients or instructions (surprising for Martha Stewart). Basically everything is mixed in one bowl and then baked. Then with the mozzarella on top, I couldn't say no obviously. I did have leftovers for a week and since Zach was gone this past weekend, I ate A LOT of baked spaghetti. Tip: Make sure you add lots of spices and enough basil. My spaghetti was not as flavorful as I was hoping, but I think it was because I didn't have enough basil.

Does anyone have any go-to recipes they make during week? I would love to hear your suggestions!


Happy Friday, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment